Keep those holiday pounds away with the most effective HIIT workouts from the convenience of your hotel room while travelling!
HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) is highly-raved for many reasons, but mainly for its effectiveness and convenience. HIIT workouts are proven to be more effective in fat-burning than regular cardio. Each HIIT session lasts typically around 30 minutes and no equipment is required, making it the perfect workout anytime, anywhere and even during holidays.
It’s easy to let yourself go and indulge while on vacation, but the guilt and holiday pounds that come after definitely isn’t a good mix with post-travel blues. To help you stay fit on holiday with HIIT, here are three holiday HIIT workout routines from Xuan, our very own fitness ambassador!
Hotel Room HIIT Workout 1:
Repeat this set four times:
- 45 seconds of burpees, 15 seconds rest
- 45 seconds of tricep dips, 15 seconds rest
- 45 seconds of right leg Bulgarian split squats, 15 seconds rest
- 45 seconds of left leg Bulgarian split squats, 15 seconds rest
- 45 seconds of boat crunches, 15 seconds rest
Hotel Room HIIT Workout 2:
Repeat this set six times:
- 30 seconds of star jumps, 15 seconds rest
- 30 seconds of push-ups, 15 seconds rest
- 30 seconds of sit-up to jump, 15 seconds rest
- 30 seconds of duck walk, 15 seconds rest
- 30 seconds of hip dips, 15 seconds rest
Hotel Room HIIT Workout 3:
Repeat this set three times:
- 60 seconds of inch worm to push-up, 30 seconds rest
- 60 seconds of shoot through, 30 seconds rest
- 60 seconds of lunges / jumping lunges, 30 seconds rest
- 60 seconds of leg raises, 30 seconds rest
- 60 seconds of mountain climbers, 30 seconds rest
5 Tips to Stay Fit with HIIT While on Holiday
Staying fit while travelling can be tough, especially when you don’t know where to start. To help you maintain holiday fit, here are some helpful holiday fitness tips from one of our trusty fitness ambassadors.
Xuan is a full-time fitness instructor at WeBarre and Yoga Movement for over a year, and she has the best tips to stay fit on holidays:
- Avoiding fried food while travelling is one of the most difficult feats as you’ll want to try everything. Still, you should probably remain mindful of how much fried food you’re consuming as it’s ‘heaty’ and makes you fall sick easily, not to mention the high calories.
- When sourcing for accommodations, opt to stay at locations near the hot spots on your travel itinerary. This way you can walk to your destinations instead and burn some calories while you’re at it.
- Include outdoor activities like hikes, treks and nature trails in your travel itinerary.
- Many of us tend to overeat on vacation. It’s good to share food with your travel buddies, so you’ll be able to try everything while also keeping a watchful eye on your diet.
- Try to work out everyday while travelling and make use of the HIIT routines mentioned above, unless the day’s activities are already tiring with a lot of walking, and hikes.
📣 Community Event Alert!
We’re the only multi-currency mobile wallet that wants you to get Fit For Travel. Come join our first ever fitness Community Event with exciting giveaways to boot!
Enjoy a worldwide fees-less travel experience!