From psycho exes that sleep with knives under their pillows to cheating ones, and even the ones who harass their exes with boxes of dildos, here’s what your community has to say about their break-up horror stories.
Now that Valentine’s Day is over, it’s time to go all out on Anti-Valentine’s Week. Fun fact: Anti-Valentine’s Week is very real. It begins on 15 February with Slap Day and ends on 21 February a.k.a Break Up Day. In between, there’s even a Kick Day, Perfume Day, Flirt Day, Confession Day, and Missing Day. Wow.
As you can already tell, it’s everything to do with heartbreak and bonding over a mutual hatred for love. How are we celebrating it? With break-up horror stories from your community that’ll make you feel glad you’re single right now.
💜 Stay Up To Date:
– Love, Set, Match: S$500 Up For Grabs When You Find Your Perfect Match This V-Day!
– YouTrip Perks: Unlock Even More Savings From Your Favourite Local & International Brands
– Top 10 Adventurous Activities To Try In Bali
1. “My Best Friend Cheated On Her Boyfriend To Sleep With Mine And Acted Like She Was The Victim”
Image credits: Tenor
😳 “My Married Best Friend Was Chatting Up My Boyfriend But Denied It When I Confronted Her”
😳 “We Were Married But He Slept With My Best Friend & Often Went To Geylang ”
In our list of break-up stories, we seemed to have found a pattern. Girl code, who? As tragic as it sounds looks like not all besties stay together forever. 👀
2. “She Slept With A Knife Under Her Pillow. Ended Up Breaking Up In Bali And I Was Too Scared To Fall Asleep”
Image credits: Imgflip
Now you know we just had to Google this. And according to superstition, keeping a knife under your pillow or bed is said to ward off bad dreams and negative thoughts, allowing one to have a good night’s sleep without any disturbances. ‘Bizarre’ is one word we’d use to describe this. 😅
Thoughts from any of our superstitious believers?
3. “I Thought She Was The One But I Found Out She Was Seeing Several Guys Behind My Back”
Image credits: Tenor GIF Keyboard
This is how trust issues develop Hop onto the Anti-Valentine’s week bandwagon, fellow YouTrooper. Everything gets better with time. 💪
4. “He Broke Up With Me One Week After I Found Out My Grandma Had Cancer & My Dog Died”
Image credits: HumorNama
Some people are dense and others are just plain jerks. Thank you, next.
5. “She Cried & Screamed At Me On The Phone For Four Hours Till 5 AM After We Broke Up.”
Image credits: Tenor GIF Keyboard
Who’s up for a free screamo concert? 👀
6. “I Broke Up With Him & He Harassed Me For Weeks At My House & Sent Me A Box Of Dildos. He’s In IMH Now.”
Image credits: Cosmopolitan
We have no words… But perhaps it’s time to send the box back to IMH.
7. “She Was Sleeping With Her Boss Who Was 20 Years Older Than Her & Lied About It For Months. Gotta Say Goodbye To My BTO I Guess”
Image credits: Pinterest
Not the BTO 😭
8. “Threatened To Off Himself Whenever I Tried Breaking Up With Him. I Don’t Know What To Do.”
Image credits: WIRED
If you or anyone you know is feeling suicidal, here are some hotlines that may help if you need someone to talk to:
|Samaritans of Singapore||☎️ 24-Hour Hotline: 1-767|
✉️ Care Email: email@example.com
💬 24-Hour Care Text: sos.org.sg (accessible via Chatbox function)
|Institute of Mental Health||☎️ Mental Health Helpine: 6389 2222|
9. “I Broke Up With Him And He Showed Up At My Office To Punch Me”
Image credits: imgflip
Talk about toxic, petty, and abusive. Let’s just remind everyone the general punishment for using criminal force is imprisonment for a maximum of three months, a S$1,500 fine, or both. Either way, we can only hope he’s in jail right now.
10. “We Were Together For Seven Years & He Was Planning To Propose To Me. Then He Disappeared & Ghosted Me. Found Out He Moved To Hong Kong”
Image credits: Don’t Get Serious
Apparently, the story continues to say that when our anon finally met up with her “fiance-to-be”, he was an hour late and justified his lateness with “I just finished having sex with another girl”. Why, oh why indeed. 🤦
That’s A Wrap On Our Community’s Break-Up Horror Stories!
And that concludes your community’s break-up horror stories! This Anti-Valentine’s Week, it’s time to focus on self-care and forget about the negative. While pampering yourself with some much-deserved retail therapy or booking that self-love getaway, don’t forget to use your YouTrip Card when booking those tickets to lock in our ever-reliable wholesale exchange rates!
As Singapore’s favourite multi-currency wallet, we aim to get those pesky fees out of the way and help you save on your travels. With the best foreign exchange rates, no longer will you have to deal with those long queues at money changers! So if you’re looking for a go-to travel card, sign up for your complimentary YouTrip card today with <YTBLOG5> and get FREE S$5 in your account! Then, head over to our YouTrip Perks page for exclusive offers and promotions — we promise you won’t regret it. For more great tips and articles like this, join our Telegram (@YouTripSG) and subscribe to our free weekly newsletter here or down below.
And while you’re at it, why not join the conversation with thousands of #YouTroopers in our very own Community Telegram Group @YouTripSquad? Get tips and tricks to everything YouTrip including exclusive invites to exciting events and experiences, & be part of the #YouTripSquad! 💜
Building Our South Korea Itinerary With YouTroopers
Epic Travel Disasters: How To Avoid The Chaos
New Year, New Us: Our Community’s Getting An Upgrade!