We’re seeking a qualified lawyer (open to anyone qualified in any one of the following jurisdictions: Singapore/HK/UK/Australia) with 1 to 3 years of post-qualification experience who’s interested in an opportunity to develop as an in-house legal and compliance professional in the fintech space. We’re not hung on experience and are open to considering candidates who’ve specialised in litigation but are looking to apply their research, analytical and drafting skills in a corporate and commercial role.
The position offers terrific exposure across a broad range of practice areas such as advising on financial services regulatory and compliance matters, negotiating fundraising, commercial and partnership agreements and working on a variety of corporate, commercial, data privacy and IP matters. Given our regional ambitions, the role would also provide an opportunity to explore the legal and regulatory frameworks across Southeast Asia.
Sounds interesting? Here’s more about us
Officially launched in August 2018, YouTrip (www.you.co) is a regional financial technology startup, dedicated to creating the best mobile financial services for travellers across Southeast Asia by simplifying overseas spending and creating a fuss-free travel experience. YouTrip first launched in Singapore in 2018 and subsequently in Thailand in 2019.
We look for people with an entrepreneurial spirit that demonstrate curiosity, creativity and hard work. In return, we offer an environment that encourages learning and sharing.
As the Legal & Compliance Counsel in Singapore, you core focus will be to support the Head of Legal & Compliance in providing well-researched and well-reasoned legal advice, draft and implement effective compliance policies and procedures and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements.
More about the role
- Conducting in-depth legal research on applicable laws and regulations
- Providing sound and well-reasoned advice on legal and regulatory matters to multiple teams across YouTrip’s organisation to close deals and resolve issues
- Reviewing and drafting a variety of agreements
- Identifying and mitigating legal and compliance risk by implementing appropriate legal controls and compliance policies and procedure
What can you expect from us?
- A free hand to innovate and continuously develop new processes
- Access to deep bench of technical and business experts to provide help and provide guidance
- Exposure to any areas of interest you may have that fits YouTrip’s business needs
- Working with an entrepreneurial team of people in Singapore, Hong Kong, and Thailand
As a key requirement of this role is the ability to conduct independent legal research, please send a copy of your CV together with a cover email that explains your interest in the role and answers the following questions to email@example.com:
- What is the regulatory license that YouTrip holds in Singapore and what is the key piece of legislation that regulates this business area?
- If you needed to interpret a section in this key piece of legislation, how would you go beyond a plain reading of the relevant section?
Please note that YouTrip will only accept direct applications for this role.