What is it about in one line?
To build up the legal & compliance function for YouTrip to steer the growth of business while ensuring regulatory compliance and enhancing legal & compliance control.
Sounds interesting? Here’s more about us
Officially launched in August 2018, YouTrip (www.you.co) is Singapore’s 1st multi-currency mobile wallet that lets travelers pay overseas with no fees in over 150 currencies. With the YouTrip app, travelers can exchange and store up to 10 currencies anytime, anywhere. YouTrip is developed and operated by You Technologies Group, a regional financial technology startup based in Singapore and Hong Kong, in collaboration with EZ-Link and Mastercard.
We look for people with entrepreneurial spirit who demonstrates curiosity, creativity and hard work. In return, we offer an environment that encourages learning, sharing and pushing the boundaries.
As the Legal Counsel in Singapore, you will be the leading the legal & compliance function of the business together with the country manager and key business stakeholders to steer business in a lawful and tactful manner to meet both regulatory compliance and also safeguard our users’ interests. This is a full-time position.
- Lead, strategize and set up the entire legal & compliance framework for operating YouTrip as a multi-currency stored value facility to meet regulatory compliance
- Draft, review and amend agreements and other legal documents in a wide range of areas including agreements with service providers, business partnerships, group structuring and other key business operating areas that require legal advice
- Set up and continually enhance our internal CDD, AML/CFT, transaction monitoring and other compliance control processes to safeguard interests of the company and our users
- Engage with regulators and local authorities in applying and maintaining licenses as required to operate YouTrip’s business from time to time
- Negotiate with potential and existing business partners on the legal terms
- Experienced corporate lawyer – you’ve racked up at least 3-5 years of Post-Qualified Experience in either private practice or in-house experience in a reputable firm, with experience in Singapore and preferably at least one other Southeast Asian jurisdiction
- Payment & FinTech enthusiast – you have strong interests in understanding deeper about the payment & FinTech landscape and would like to be in the forefront of driving the legal conversation in that aspect internally & externally. Professional experience with payment, banking, or FinTech industry and familiarity with payment regulations, e.g. Payment Services Act, are preferred
- Strategic & creative thinker – you believe that handling legal matters requires more than just plain reading of rules & regulations, but more importantly thinking out of the box and proactively suggest strategic solutions in a legal & compliant manner
- Effective Communicator – you understand that not everyone in a startup would understand legal & compliance issue, and you find satisfaction in explaining and educating the team on legal issues in a clear, succinct and practical manner
- Fearless self-starter – you are not afraid to suggest and implement new initiatives with the aim to steer the business in an innovative yet lawful manner, and do not mind getting your hands dirty in order to get things done in tight timeline
What can you expect from us?
- A free hand to innovate and continuously provide suggestions to senior stakeholder in the business
- The most innovative travel payment product to use and to create content around
- Access to deep bench of technical and business experts to work together
- Multi-cultural co-working space environment in CBD area
- Working with an entrepreneurial team of people in Singapore and Hong Kong
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and work portfolio to email@example.com quoting Legal Counsel in the subject header.